httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject RLIMIT_NPROC on Linux?
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2013 12:13:21 GMT
I was looking at a typical apr_thread_create failure for creating a
large # of threads on a system, and the only solution was to increase
roots RLIMIT_NPROC as opposed to the  (httpd.conf configured) "User"
limits

But every manpage I read says that after the setuid(), we should have
the new users limits, which means only tuning those limits should be
necessary.

Can anyone explain/translate/debunk?

I'm doing a single child with 1100 threads.  I toggle root/nobody
having 1000/1200 available maxuprocs on an idle system. It works when
root has 1200 and nobody has 1000, and not the other way around.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com