httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Reser <...@reser.org>
Subject Re: NOTE: Intent to T&R 2.2.6 tomorrow
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 19:39:19 GMT
On Tue Nov 12 11:25:57 2013, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Oh yeah... I recall you had an issue with me building
> because of potential issues with using a later, but
> still 100% valid autoconf/libtool setup. I am not
> going to downgrade just to build 2.2 so if that is
> *really* a concern, backed-up by the PMC, then someone
> else will need to RM.

You don't need to downgrade at all.  Just build autoconf/libtool
versions and install them in another dir.  Add that to the front of
your path and off you go.  Subversion includes the ability to download
and build the autoconf/libtool versions we use as part of our build-env
command to release.py which ensures we have consistent versions no
matter who does the release.  Maybe we should look at doing something
like this:
https://subversion.apache.org/docs/community-guide/releasing.html#before-release