httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: [Patch] mod_ssl write completion
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 10:54:46 GMT
On 29 Oct 2013, at 12:07 PM, Plüm, Rüdiger, Vodafone Group <ruediger.pluem@vodafone.com>
wrote:

>> +                status = ap_save_brigade(f, &(filter_ctx->bb), &bb,
>> +                        filter_ctx->deferred_write_pool);
>
> When will this saved brigade handed over to the core output filter?
> How will it be triggered? IMHO the WRITE_COMPLETION only calls the core output filter.

Ouch, so it is:

        while (output_filter->next != NULL) {
            output_filter = output_filter->next;
        }

Ideally there should be a category of filters that run during write completion, not just a
hard coded "write to the last filter and hope for the best". Alternatively if filters could
declare themselves "async safe", we could inject the switch-to-write-completion-on-eos behaviour
into a dedicated filter that slots itself automatically in front of all the async safe filters
in the chain.

I think I'm back to removing the flush-on-eos for the short term.

>> -        c->data_in_output_filters = 0;
>> +        c->data_in_output_filters--;
>
> Why do you switch from a boolean flag to a counter?

Two output filters keeping data, not one.

Regards,
Graham