httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Eckert <thomas.r.w.eck...@gmail.com>
Subject Erorr "scoreboard is full, not at MaxRequestWorkers" without traffic
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 14:22:21 GMT
Hey folks,

there's been quite a few issues with the "scoreboard is full, not at
MaxRequestWorkers" error log message. From what I've found all of them
involved some sort of heavy traffic. I've been wondering about the root
cause for this but now I have a reverse proxy showing this message right
after starting up - no traffic involved at all.

I'm getting the message for a simple reverse proxy with about a hundred
virtual hosts which is strange because

StartServers 3
ServerLimit 30
MaxClients 1500
MinSpareThreads 25
MaxSpareThreads 75
ThreadsPerChild 50
MaxRequestsPerChild 0

doesn't look like it cannot handle 100 hosts without traffic. The vhosts
themselves look like

<VirtualHost 10.8.17.133:80>
        ServerName my_domain_3
        SSLProxyEngine On
        RequestHeader set X-Forwarded-Proto http
        <Location />
                ProxyPass balancer://58be3a18b1c6590f106e3536d31d0447/
lbmethod=bybusyness
                ProxyPassReverse
balancer://58be3a18b1c6590f106e3536d31d0447/
                Require all granted
        </Location>
</VirtualHost

which is really basic. There is only one virtual host with a "real"
configuration (setup is part of a scalability test).

Again, there is no traffic involved, it's happening right after start up. I
checked the processes and the start up is clean, meaning there are no old
left-overs that might interfere somehow.

Any hints on how to debug this ?