httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release mod_fcgid 2.3.8
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2013 01:59:20 GMT
On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 5:45 AM, Steffen <info@apachelounge.com> wrote:

>   Running in real at AL for an hour with patch revert-r1377398.txt
>
> Results, see www.apachelounge.com/status-revert-r1377398.html
>
> Observation:
>
> No "hanging" with working and no accesses anymore
>
> Still quite some more processes: with 2.3.7 1-3 and now 8
>
> Processes with idle time more then 300 (default) is still there, a process
> has 1818 seconds and stays with 11 accesses and it does not stop/kill.
>
> The diff with 2.3.7 that there are more entries with Process:
>
> In 2.3.7 I saw only one entry, never more:
>
> *Process: php-cgi.exe*  (d:/servers/apache/php/php-cgi.exe)
> ..
> ..
> ..
>
> As you can see in 2.3.8 more:
>
>  *Process: php-cgi.exe*  (d:/servers/apache/php/php-cgi.exe)
> ..
> ..
> *Process: php-cgi.exe*  (d:/servers/apache/php/php-cgi.exe)
> ..
> etc.
>

> Back to 2.3.7

Steffen, thanks again for sticking with this.  I've had trouble finding the
time myself :(

I've committed the last patch you tried, as well as one additional fix
which could explain your latest results.  (r1529062)

Please try the latest from svn, or add this very minor change on top of the
revert-r1377398.txt patch:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/mod_fcgid/trunk/modules/fcgid/fcgid_pm_win.c?r1=1529062&r2=1529061&pathrev=1529062

These two uninitialized fields on Windows could prevent finding a suitable,
existing FastCGI process when one is needed.  (This was a regression in
2.3.8.)

Thanks!!!!!!