httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Erorr "scoreboard is full, not at MaxRequestWorkers" without traffic
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 15:19:31 GMT
The mojo for this, in both worker and event is:

	(active_thread_count >= ap_daemons_limit * threads_per_child)

which is only worried about if:

	(idle_thread_count < min_spare_threads)

On Oct 18, 2013, at 10:22 AM, Thomas Eckert <thomas.r.w.eckert@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> there's been quite a few issues with the "scoreboard is full, not at MaxRequestWorkers"
error log message. From what I've found all of them involved some sort of heavy traffic. I've
been wondering about the root cause for this but now I have a reverse proxy showing this message
right after starting up - no traffic involved at all.

> I'm getting the message for a simple reverse proxy with about a hundred virtual hosts
which is strange because

> StartServers 3
> ServerLimit 30
> MaxClients 1500
> MinSpareThreads 25
> MaxSpareThreads 75
> ThreadsPerChild 50
> MaxRequestsPerChild 0
>
> doesn't look like it cannot handle 100 hosts without traffic. The vhosts themselves look
like

> <VirtualHost 10.8.17.133:80>
>         ServerName my_domain_3
>         SSLProxyEngine On
>         RequestHeader set X-Forwarded-Proto http
>         <Location />
>                 ProxyPass balancer://58be3a18b1c6590f106e3536d31d0447/ lbmethod=bybusyness
>                 ProxyPassReverse balancer://58be3a18b1c6590f106e3536d31d0447/
>                 Require all granted
>         </Location>
> </VirtualHost
>
> which is really basic. There is only one virtual host with a "real" configuration (setup
is part of a scalability test).

> Again, there is no traffic involved, it's happening right after start up. I checked the
processes and the start up is clean, meaning there are no old left-overs that might interfere
somehow.