httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Steffen" <i...@apachelounge.com>
Subject Re: will anyone build httpd/apr with cmake on Windows?
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2013 09:04:34 GMT
>On 8/30/2013 5:25 AM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>
>Please let me know if you
>
>* are waiting for some certain feature (other than near perfection) before
>you use it

After some days puzzling, I realize now that it looks like you want to
accomplish an ASF Buildbot for Windows, like the buildbot that currently
builds on multiple *nix OSs, can be very useful for the ASF.  If you would
have made that clear in the beginning, I might not of spoke much, that may
have been said earlier and I missed it.

I like to see on top of that  a more user/admin friendly way, which is a
more in line with the current system and should more easy to
migrate/understand for them and should not so complex for a general
user/admin.

I was thinking:

Dependencies still in httpd/srclib (I understood that Tom D advises this)
and build manually, like now,  pcre, libxml2, openssl, zlib, lua etc.

And then a command line like:

>CMAKE   -G "NMake
> >Makefiles" -DBUILDTYPE=Rel|Debug|..| -DINSTDIR=Path -DSOLUTION=|Buildbin|Buildall|Installbin|

> -DDBLIST=|..|..|

note: Plus the current options:  PORT  SSLPORT  DOMAINNAME  SERVERNAME
SERVERNAME  (not defined use defaults)

And then to build:

>NMAKE

Steffen

ps.
Still no able to build with your current cmake files, errors that
apr/include is not correct. Asked Tom D for help.