httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: event MPM (Was: Re: Planning for 2.4.7 in Oct)
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2013 21:46:21 GMT
On 05.09.2013 16:35, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> BTW, the main diff between event in trunk and 2.4 is
> the use of skiplist. My benchmarks show decreased latency
> and a performance boost of ~5% (on avg). Can anyone confirm?
> It would be nice to possibly get that in 2.4.7 as well.

I can offer to negotiate with infra to run 2.4 head plus event patches
for skiplist use on www.a.o EU if that helps collecting votes.

I did the httpd updates on www.a.o during the last months and in
previous years running non-released stuff there was a common practice,
so I hope infra will trust our opinion on whether the code should be
ready for prime time or not.

If we want to see the code running there, I would appreciate a patch
ready to apply to 2.4 event.c. I currently feel not in the position to
judge, whether running that code on www.a.o actually is a good idea or
not. Opinions?

In addition: what about eventopt?

Regards,