httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: ProxyPassReverse and regex
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2013 10:31:28 GMT

On 25 Sep 2013, at 10:06, Thomas Eckert wrote:

> I'm facing the problem that I have to use ProxyPassReverse inside a <LocationMatch>

Just a thought: could you hack a workaround with Header Edit?

> In my concrete situation I have a <LocationMatch> container with a negative lookahead
which I need to have ProxyPassReverse understand somehow. I'm thinking of patching ProxyPassReverse
using the ProxyPassMatch code so it understands regexps correctly. However, this has surely
been considered before and I'm wondering why it was not put in - after all similar code exists
for ProxyPassMatch. Are there pitfalls which I haven't seen yet ?

ProxyPass(Match) applies to the Request, ProxyPassReverse to the Response.

From memory and without looking in the code, the missing link is per-request
memory of how a regexp was expanded in the ProxyPass so that ProxyPassReverse
can apply an equivalent rule.  It just requires someone to do the work.

If you hack it, you might give some consideration to making an API for the
ProxyPassReverse regexp expansion, so output filters like mod_proxy_html
can use it.

--
Nick Kew