httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Application Including Apache
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 20:04:53 GMT
On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Riley Lloyd <riley.lloyd25@me.com> wrote:

> Dear Apache Corporation,
>
> I am an an Apple Mobile Developer who would like to make a new web
> designing solution for today's web enthusiasts.
>
> My idea is to create an app that works as an offline server for the iPad
> device. Sort of like the MAMP program for Mac. To have the local server, I
> was wondering what, if any, external resources apache needs or uses to run
> on Mac,

Mac OS X ships with Apache httpd, so by definition it doesn't need any
additional pieces for the web server itself.

You can use the httpd which is part of OS X or, by installing Xcode and
perhaps a few other tools, build whatever version you want.

> so that I can hopefully manipulate it to run on the iPad mobile substrate
> with PHP, and MSQL.

YMMV on the suitability of other pieces bundled by OS X and/or their own
requirements.

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/