httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Lescohier <daniel.lescoh...@cbsi.com>
Subject Re: drop canned deflate config?
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2013 14:15:19 GMT
This article recommends not doing BrowserMatches for http compression any
more.  E.g., IE was fixed in XP Service Pack 2 in year 2004.

http://zoompf.com/blog/2012/02/lose-the-wait-http-compression

It is also interesting to read about the problem with the 'deflate' codec,
with the result being to always use 'gzip' codec, not 'deflate' codec.