httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Bannister <is...@jellybaby.net>
Subject Re: uds support
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 19:37:31 GMT
On 23 Aug 2013, at 15:05 (UTC-0400), Jim Jagielski wrote:

> I'm scrapping some of the work I've been doing, simply because, from what I can see,
using the current method of specifying it creates problems.

> Instead, I'm looking into something like:
>
>   http://localhost/var/run/server.sock|/foo/bar
>
> For ease of parsing and clearly breaking out what needs to be encoded, etc.

My different suggestion is unixsocket+http:/var/run/server.sock://foo/bar

It's nonstandard but then there's no real way to avoid that. The "://" bit should stick out
clearly enough to people who are used to HTTP URIs.

If rewriting, etc yields something like
http+uds:/var/run/server.sock://foo/bar://etc/passwd then the socket is "/var/run/server.sock"
and the request line will be for "//foo/bar://etc/passwd".

This allows a possibility of identifying alternative protocols if they turn up, eg https,
ajp.

--
Tim Bannister – isoma@jellybaby.net