httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail T." <mi+t...@aldan.algebra.com>
Subject Is AuthnProviderAlias subtly broken in 2.4?
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2013 01:19:40 GMT
Hello!

We had the auth setup under 2.2, that used two AuthnProviderAlias-blocks -- one
for LDAP and one for a handful of local user-accounts not known to the Active
Directory:

    <AuthnProviderAlias ldap CorpAD>
       AuthLDAPBindDN "cn=foo,ou=bar,ou=Enterprise
    Applications,dc=corp,dc=ad,dc=example,dc=com"
       AuthLDAPBindPassword "secret"
       AuthLDAPURL
    "ldaps://corp.ad.example.com:3269/dc=corp,dc=ad,dc=example,dc=com?sAMAccountName?sub?(objectClass=*)"
       AuthLDAPRemoteUserAttribute sAMAccountName
    </AuthnProviderAlias>

    <AuthnProviderAlias file AdminFile>
       AuthUserFile '/data/servers/apache-scm/conf/admin.passwd'
    </AuthnProviderAlias>

The actual usage of the above was thus:

    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "Who are you?"
    AuthBasicProvider AdminFile CorpAD
    Require valid-user

The config is currently working on our production server, but I'm trying to
upgrade the dev-server to 2.4.6. Unfortunately, the 2.4.6 kept rejecting me --
without even trying to perform an LDAP query (LogLevel is set to trace3):

    .... AH01618: user mikhail not found: /foo/...
    .... auth phase 'check user' gave status 401: /foo/....
    .... Response sent with status 401

Bewildered I decided to forgo the provider-aliasing, and simply copied both the
LDAP and the file settings into the location. Suddenly things started to work
properly -- the messages from authnz_ldap appear in the log, the lookups
succeed, and I'm able to login...

It looks like am not alone -- someone else has already asked about this on
users@
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-users/201212.mbox/%3Ccourier.0000000050BF05C2.00006006@devloop.de%3E>,

but got no replies...Please, advise. Yours,

    -mi