httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail T." <mi+t...@aldan.algebra.com>
Subject Re: Resolved (sort of): Struggling with AuthMerging
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 02:54:04 GMT
01.08.2013 22:47, Ben Reser ???????(??):
>> >         <LocationMatch ^(/php-fpm)?/tiv/>
>> >                 Require         all granted
>> >                 DirectoryIndex  index.php
>> >         </LocationMatch>
> I'm guessing you're using AP_AUTH_INTERNAL_PER_CONF which should avoid
> the 3rd call with the above configuration.
Even without my module at all -- using purely Apache's own -- the above
configuration results in a browser's request for /tiv/ being checked
three times now:

 1. /tiv/
 2. /tiv/index.php
 3. /php-fpm/tiv/index.php

This does not seem right... Even if it may be necessary in some cases,
there's got to be a way to turn the behavior off...

> That's not a bug at all.  In some cases it may be necessary for
> authorization to run for sub-requests.
Could you give an example or two? Thanks,

    -mi