httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject DefaultRuntimeDir
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2013 12:27:56 GMT
The 2.4 STATUS file has:

   * opinion on more complete DefaultRuntimeDir use in 2.4.x?
     o If a module has a config directive for the run-time file that
       treats the configured path as relative to server root, preserve
       that behavior but change the location when not configured to
       respect DefaultRuntimeDir.  With these changes, users with no
       per-runtime-file configuration directives can control
       everything with DefaultRuntimeDir.
       BUT: Existing users of DefaultRuntimeDir might get a short-term scare
       when some unconfigured run-time file starts respecting their
       DefaultRuntimeDir directive after an upgrade.
       +1: trawick, jim, rjung
       rjung: applicable trunk revisions WITHOUT the compatibility tweaks
              described above:
          scoreboard         r1369477
          core/pid file      r1369808
          core/mutex         r1370288
          mod_socache_XXX    r1370225, r1407385
          mod_ldap           r1371684
          mod_cache          r1407381
          mod_slotmem_plain  r1370763
        igalic: We have three votes, what's the status here?
       Independently, backport any doc tweaks to 2.4 API migration page.

To be honest, I also wonder what the status of this is...
I'd like to have the 1st 3 in 2.4, but am unsure what is
required, if anything, to make it acceptable. Is it just
the "preserve" line?