httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] The 'RM' Baton
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 11:50:42 GMT

On Jul 10, 2013, at 6:30 PM, Guenter Knauf <fuankg@apache.org> wrote:

> also I would be +++1 for making fix dates for releases, f.e. lets say 4 times a year
which means all 3 months - and then doing the release *REGARDLESS* if we have thing hanging
in STATUS or not! What doesnt go into this release does make it for the next, and that would
then only be 3 months.
> But I would *NOT* vote for such unless I'm self able to do releases.

One of the great things about FOSS and esp about this project is
that we've resisted being driven by schedules. We've always had
the mentality that we release when we're ready and don't have
artificial timetables driving releases.