httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject AuthBasicProvider ssl-client-cert?
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 14:44:25 GMT
All of the client-cert-as-basic-auth-substitute mechanisms we have
require you to check the dummy password with a "real"
authbasicprovider.

Now that we have the expression parser and AuthBasicFake, would anyone
be interested in a AuthBasicProvider that accepted any user with a
valid client certificate?  Anyone with big concerns?

I know there are some other efforts/interest in this area that predate
the expression parser and AuthBasicFake -- so those had to be more
complex.

I think I need this to deprecate a proprietary module, and I don't
want to replace it with a proprietary (albeit simple)
AuthBasicProvider.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com