httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Reser <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] The 'RM' Baton
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2013 23:33:15 GMT
On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 3:30 PM, Guenter Knauf <> wrote:
> I was also thinking about learning how to release - but the lack of proper
> documentation for the whole process holds me back; I remember how Graham
> fell from one trap into another when he did his 1st APR release, and I dont
> want to get same ...
> so, if we want to have more folks doing more frequently releases the
> startpoint would be to 1st document how a release is done:
> - required auto* tools versions
> - step by step description how to prepare for a release

You guys may want to look at our release process over at the Subversion project:

We also have it somewhat automated.  Including getting the right auto*
tools versions.  Of particular interest might be our tool:

For actually rolling that python script ends up driving this shell
script that I wrote long before the python script was developed:

All of this is obviously under ASLv2 so feel free to borrow and adapt. :)

View raw message