httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Whereforeartthou, 2.5.0?
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2013 13:14:16 GMT
According to STATUS:

    2.4.5   : In development. Jim proposes a release ~July 4, 2013
              and offers to RM.
    2.4.4   : Tagged on February 18, 2013. Released Feb 25, 2013
    2.4.3   : Tagged on August 17, 2012. Released Aug 18, 2012
    2.4.2   : Tagged on April 5, 2012. Released Apr 17, 2012.
    2.4.1   : Tagged on February 13, 2012. Released Feb 21, 2012.
    2.4.0   : Tagged on January 16, 2012, not released.

So I have no idea where you get "6+ mos between releases" of 2.4.x

In any case, I *am* concerned that w seem to have quite a bit of
difficulty in getting 3 +1s a lot of the time and that the backport
process from trunk to 2.4 is becoming more and more painful. After
all, I *assume* people hack trunk so that their code and patches
actually get released and used by people, and not just to bump their
Ohloh ratings or whatever.

And we don't release 2.5.0... We only do even releases, remember?