httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] The 'RM' Baton
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2013 13:22:06 GMT
Considering that I've been the only RM for 2.4.x, I can't help but
assume that Bill is referring to me.

As mentioned by others, by indicating a desire to T&R, it energizes
people to catch up on STATUS, place their votes and propose backports.
So it is *expected* that at a time when things should be the most
"stable" (right before a "release"), that there is a flurry of
activity. So what if it means a delay of a few weeks or even a month.
The result is a *better* release for our users, which I think is
even more important.

Sure it would be nice to have releases more often, but that is due,
IMO at least, to the difficulty in getting 3 +1 votes on anything
but the most trivial of backports...

I'm not gonna mention the irony of this whole proposal coming from
the person it is coming from...