httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: UseListenScheme proposal
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 09:33:46 GMT

On 11 Jul 2013, at 03:12, Chris Darroch wrote:

> The idea is to introduce a non-default "UseListenScheme On" setting
> which uses the scheme from the Listen directive when constructing
> self-referencing URLs:

Can you clarify for the lazy among us how this might interact with
existing configuration options for self-referencing URLs?  I'm thinking
mainly "UseCanonicalName" and "Header Edit", though there's also
the ProxyPass* family, hairy Rewrite hacks, and other bits&pieces.

(a) What does your patch enable over and above what we have?
(b) How much duplication of functionality does it introduce?
(c) Is there a potential opportunity to deprecate some of our uglier
historic hacks and clean up duplication?

--
Nick Kew