httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Ready for 2.4.5 ??
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2013 13:31:34 GMT

On Jul 9, 2013, at 10:59 AM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:

> So, are we ready for 2.4.5??

Let's look thru STATUS with an eye on things that really should
be in 2.4.5 or, at least, people could review:

  * mod_auth_basic: Add a generic mechanism to fake basic authentication
    using the ap_expr parser. This allows the administrator to construct
    their own username and password for basic authentication based on their
    needs. Alternative fix for PR52616.
    trunk patch: http://svn.apache.org/r1457471
                 http://svn.apache.org/r1457504
                 http://svn.apache.org/r1462266
                 http://svn.apache.org/r1468581
    2.4.x patch: http://people.apache.org/~minfrin/httpd-mod_auth_basic-fake4.patch
    +1: minfrin, jim

No idea why this doesn't have 3 +1s

  * core, mod_ssl: Lift the restriction that prevents mod_ssl taking
    full advantage of the event MPM. Enable the ability for a module
    to reverse the sense of a poll event from a read to a write or vice
    versa.
    trunk patches: http://svn.apache.org/r1470679
                   http://svn.apache.org/r1477094
    2.4.x patch: http://people.apache.org/~minfrin/httpd-event-ssl.patch
    +1: minfrin, jim
    -0.5: sf: I would prefer if this sat in trunk for a few months first
              to receive more testing.

No idea why this doesn't have 3 +1s

  * mod_proxy_http: Make the proxy-interim-response environment variable
    effective by formally overriding origin server behaviour.
    trunk patch: http://svn.apache.org/r1483027
    2.4.x patch: trunk works
    +1: minfrin, jim

No idea why this doesn't have 3 +1s

  * core: Add pre_htaccess hook.
    trunk patch: http://svn.apache.org/r1389339
    2.4.x patch: trunk patch works modulo CHANGES and mmn bump
    +1: minfrin, jim
    trawick: I like sf's idea on the list for a different API to solve
             the same problem.  We shouldn't proceed with this patch.

On hold waiting for open_access feedback.

    Alternate proposal:
    core: Add open_htaccess hook.
    trunk patch: http://svn.apache.org/r1389339
                 http://svn.apache.org/r1498880
    2.4.x patch: http://people.apache.org/~sf/open_htaccess_hook.patch
    +1: sf, jorton,
    +0.5: jj: I would prefer if this sat in trunk for a few months first
              to receive more testing.
    +/-0: trawick: I would prefer if Steinar verifies that it is fine for
                   him (however simple that verification would be).  There's
                   no need to proceed until he is ready to use it anyway.

Assuming positive feedback, no idea why this doesn't have 3 +1s

  * mod_proxy: Connection header clearing issues
    trunk patch: https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1481891
                 https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1482075
                 https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1482170
                 https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1482555
    2.4.x patch: trunk patch works modulo CHANGES and ap_mmn
    +1: jim

?? Anyone else interested in proxy?

  * core: Stop the HTTP_IN filter from attempting to write error buckets
    to the output filters
    trunk patch: https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1482522
    2.4.x patch: trunk patch works modulo CHANGES and ap_mmn
    +1:  jim

?? Anyone else interested in proxy?

  * mod_proxy: support Unix domain sockets
    trunk patch: https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1451633
                 https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1451905
                 https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1451921
                 https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1452259
                 https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1453981
    2.4.x patch: trunk patch works modulo CHANGES and ap_mmn
    +1: jim

?? Anyone else interested in proxy?

  * mod_proxy: save DNS lookups
    trunk patch: https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1462269
                 https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1463455
    2.4.x patch: trunk patch works
    +1: jim

?? Anyone else interested in proxy?

  * mod_socache_shmcb.c: Remove arbitrary restriction on shared memory size
    previously limited to 64MB.
    trunk patch: http://svn.apache.org/r1493921
                 http://svn.apache.org/r1493925
    2.4.x patch: trunk patch works modulo CHANGES
    +1: minfrin, jim
    sf notes: I think a number of variables need to be changed from int to
              apr_size_t, including subcache_size, subcache_data_offset,
              subcache_data_size, total, cache_total.
              AIUI, especially cache_total starts to go wrong if the cache
              gets larger than 4GB (UINT_MAX). Maybe set the limit at
              MIN(APR_SIZE_MAX,UINT_MAX) until this is fixed?
    minfrin: Surely we should just fix these unsigned ints? Not sure what value
             there would be in trying to bake in an arbitrary limit in the mean
             time when we can just fix the underlying problem instead.
         jj: Agree w/ minfrin

No idea why this doesn't have 3 +1s

  * Some easy votes to keep 2.4 in line with trunk
    - mod_slotmem_shm: Replace duplicate log tags
    - mpm/event: Check that AsyncRequestWorkerFactor is not negative (PR 54254)
    - remove unneeded include statements
    - mod_cache_disk: Name pool + concat string at compile time when possible
    - mod_ratelimit (rate_limit_filter): Log the error code
    - mod_authnz_ldap: fix typo
    trunk patch: https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1406068
                 https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1425777
                 https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1427546
                 https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1462643
                 https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1487530
                 https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1493330
    2.4.x patch: trunk patch works
    +1: jailletc36, jj

No idea why this doesn't have 3 +1s

    - modules: Fix some compiler warnings.
    trunk patch: http://svn.apache.org/r1500345
                 http://svn.apache.org/r1500362
                 http://svn.apache.org/r1500423
                 http://svn.apache.org/r1500483
                 http://svn.apache.org/r1500519
    2.4.x patch: trunk patches work
    +1: fuankg

To be honest, haven't reviewed yet :/

  * mod_proxy_balancer: We are no-longer using PREGRAB.
    trunk patch: https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1501399
    2.4.x patch: trunk patch works
    +1: jim

Just added yesterday.