httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail T." <mi+t...@aldan.algebra.com>
Subject Re: Decrypting mod_session-created cookie
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2013 23:29:15 GMT
On 08.07.2013 19:11, Daniel Lescohier wrote:
> https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_session.html#sessionprivacy
>
> "The session will be automatically decrypted on load, and encrypted on save by
> Apache, the underlying application using the session need have no knowledge
> that encryption is taking place."

Thank you, Daniel, for providing a "you don't need to know" answer to a question.

I do, however, have this need -- in my application the cookie will need to be
created by a server completely different from the one, that will be parsing it.
I would also like to code-up a series of jmeter-tests to assure speed and
correctness of the application -- so I'll also need to implement the same
encryption in JavaScript or some other language available inside jmeter.

Is there, perhaps, a better answer available? Thanks,

    -mi