httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Pqf 潘庆峰 <...@mailtech.cn>
Subject Anyone interested in a patch to mod_fcgid(with pay)
Date Sat, 20 Jul 2013 02:39:20 GMT
Hi, guys
   A company need a "TCP/IP patch of mod_fcgid or alternative", and will pay for it, anyone
interested? I really like to take it but I don't have too much time...
   Anyone interested please reply to me and I will forward the email address of them.

Our company is hosting a website with a lot of users. Each user needs login to access our
server. We have an in-house FCGI program responsible for authenticate user's credentials.
The FCGI program is called “Neti”;. Right now Neti works fine with Zeus server, however
we want to switch to Apache server.

Neti only listens on TCP/IP socket, it assumes both an authorizer role and a responder role
in the Fast CGI request. Here's the 3 candidate Apache modules to interface Neti:

1. Mod_fastcgi: this module has NOT been updated since 2007. It will break randomly, (not
only with Neti, but with some other FCGIs), so we're not planning to pursue it;

2. Mod_proxy_fcgi: this module supports TCP socket, it can connect to Neti, but it doesn't
support authorizer role. So in the first FCGI request, it forwards the request to Neti as
a responder instead of an authorizer, Neti cannot simply let it through without properly authorizing
it first, thus the request fails;

3. Mod_fcgid: this module supports authorizer role while doesn't support TCP connection. We
cannot confirm its authorizer role since it doesn't even connect to Neti due to lack of TCP;

So our choice is between either adding authorizer role to mod_proxy_fcgi or adding TCP/IP
to mod_fcgid.

We’re really willing to pay to have this project done, I mean either adding proxy to mod_fcgid
or adding authorizer to mod_proxy_fcgi. Are you willing to work on this with reward or do
you know anyone else who’s interested in doing so with pay, for example, author of mod_proxy_fcgi?
(I cannot find his name)

Ryan