httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: looking for luv
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2013 13:58:05 GMT

On Jun 18, 2013, at 9:31 AM, Jeff Trawick <trawick@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 8:53 AM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
> I will be removing this backport request, but I'd ask sf to
> actually address his concerns by actually working on the code
> instead of just blocking it for whatever reason.
>
> Wow!  Stefan raised a number of issues in STATUS which are spot-on considerations when
someone wants to merge a feature* from trunk to a stable branch.  It is great that he took
the time to dig through it and comment on it, and it is hard to see your comments here as
even remotely pertinent to his concerns.

I instead saw it as simple justifications for him
to block it. It's obvious that he doesn't see the
need for it and so instead of seeing the potential
and working on making it more useful to address
needs that he sees, he simply noted concerns.

Yes, the documentation stuff makes sense.

It's the sense of working with existing stuff to
try to make it better or the viewpoint that "I don't
like it so forget it."