httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1491466 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x: ./ CHANGES STATUS modules/proxy/proxy_util.c
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 11:21:20 GMT
On 11 Jun 2013, at 1:08 PM, Christophe JAILLET <christophe.jaillet@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

>> +  *) proxy_util: NULL terminate the right buffer in 'send_http_connect'.
>> +     [Christophe Jaillet]
>> +
>>   *) mod_remoteip: close file in error path. [Christophe Jaillet]
>>     *) mod_lua: Sync 2.4 branch with trunk. This includes (but is not limited to)
>
> Is this entry really useful ?
> If it worth mentioning it, at least the wording should be improved. IMO, just remove
it.

Yes, it is useful - if someone has deployed a new version, and suddenly that version doesn't
work properly, they need a list of things that have changed between the old version and the
new version for them to check as possible causes.

If we arbitrarily leave messages off we risk the wrath of an administrator who believes the
changelog they are looking at is complete, but arbitrarily isn't.

Regards,
Graham