httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: asynch websockets tunnel
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 14:45:34 GMT
On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 10:03 AM, Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:
> On 05 Jun 2013, at 3:00 PM, Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've been playing with this in my sandbox, it adds a "socket readable"
>> callback to event, similar to the timed callback, which allows
>> mod_proxy_wstunnel to hop on and off the thread like test/mod_dialup.
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~covener/websocket-asynch-8.diff
>
> I was meaning to play around with a similar idea, but you beat me to it.
>
> What I had in mind was an API that passed conn_rec structures rather than raw sockets,
which could then be processed using the same lifecycle that a server generated conn_rec's
pass through (ap_run_process_connection()).

> Proxy could then pass the conn_rec it uses towards the backend to the core, and then
obtain event driven events for ready-to-read and ready-to-write from the frontend and the
backend, independently of one another.

conn_rec is easy for the proxies, but could limit how other mods can
take advantage of the service