httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Wim Lewis <w...@omnigroup.com>
Subject mod_dav quota support
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2013 22:44:21 GMT
We're looking into adding RFC4331-style quota support to mod_dav. Is there existing work in
this area we might be able to build on or use?  I'm aware of a few other attempts:

 1. Teruyuki Satake's patch, which reports BSD user quotas to the DAV clients:
   http://www.geocities.jp/t_sat7/webdav/webdav.html
   http://www.needful.de/docs/projekte/webdav-quota/

 2. "bjaka.max"'s patch, derived from Teruyuki Satake's, which walks the filesystem to determine
usage:
   http://code.google.com/p/apache-webdav-quota/

 3. William A. Carrell has a patch that reports filesystem usage/space as quotas:
   http://blog.carrel.org/2005/03/moddav-quota-patch-redux.html
   http://web.archive.org/web/20070112231505/http://www.carrel.org/files/dav-diskfree.patch

In our case, we want to maintain quota information outside the kernel (like patch #2 above)
but probably with some special sauce specific to our setup. Is it likely that the Apache httpd
project would be interested in integrating a version of "bjaka.max"'s patch which factored
out the actual quota computation and storage as a hookable/pluggable/configurable module,
leaving just the actual HTTP/webdav protocol support?