httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1491612 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x/STATUS
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2013 17:09:16 GMT

On Jun 14, 2013, at 12:07 PM, Rainer Jung <rainer.jung@kippdata.de> wrote:

> We do cosmetical changes in stable branches like e.g. reducing code
> drift between trunk and 2.4 or fixing typos in comments.

Of course. That's not the question (at least IMO). The question
is that when a cosmetic change also results in a functional
change (and we wouldn't be suggesting MMN bumps if it wasn't),
that it becomes a change that should be proposed as a backport
and not willy-nilly added. We have a process, and should
discourage attempts to bypass it on a stable trunk.

FWIW, I'd be +1 with the bump.