httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Eckert <thomas.r.w.eck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mod_security core dumps and r->per_dir_config
Date Fri, 24 May 2013 09:03:55 GMT
How did you investigate into this ? I'll assume with "rebuild" you mean you
rebuilt apache2 from source and reinstalled it. What made you rebuild it in
this scenario ? Also, why do you think rebuilding solved it ? I'm being so
specific about investigation options since rebuilding and reinstalling it
is out of question in my case.

I also saw some other issues with the rev-proxy I posted the core dumps
for, like core dumps from one of my modules and some really REALLY weird
looking core dumps which claimed to originate from system calls. Looking at
the time stamps it's clear they are somehow related as they do not even
differ in seconds. One of those incidents I relate to an attack on the
rev-proxy but the others keep me confused. My best guess is that one
process core dumped and took with it at least one other - but I thought
this was cared for.

I'm talking apache 2.2.22 here and updating it is - unfortunately - also
out of question :-/