httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Intent to revert commit r1332643
Date Sat, 18 May 2013 03:26:48 GMT
Please don't submit what could be controversial reverts
over a weekend.

On May 17, 2013, at 10:36 AM, Guenter Knauf <fuankg@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I will revert the changes done with:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1332643
> after 72 hours if nobody is going to fix the stuff properly for Windows since I'm tired
of always copying mod_ssl over from 2.4.x branch in order to get a working mod_ssl with trunk.

> Reasons:
> 1) within last 12 months there was no attempt made to fix the issues which wrowe mentioned
in this thread [1] - instead discussion died
> 2) a suggestion to fix the issue [2] was not applied due to the concerns wrowe brought
up, and to which I agree.
> 3) the same issue also causes a stalled backport in 2.2.x STATUS [3] for the last 12
months

> [1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/201302.mbox/%3C20130205115224.33547872@hub%3E
> [2] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/201302.mbox/%3C510D8293.8010103@gknw.net%3E
> [3] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1333501
>
> I believe that one year in trunk without further review is long enough, and if someone
wants to continue working on it its easy enough to checkout the last revision before removal.