httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: apache_pb*.* - again
Date Sat, 04 May 2013 12:42:38 GMT
On 30.04.2013 01:21, Guenter Knauf wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
> I think you did the last revisions of these pics, so I address this
> directly to you ...
> it just came to my attention that the apache_pb*.gif look not so fine as
> the apache_pb*.png ones:
> https://www.apachehaus.net/apache_pb/
> it looks to me that probably there's some font anti aliasing missing; is
> it possible that you missed that when you created the gifs?

Don't know how they were produced, but GIFs can only contain 255
different colors. If you open the gif and check the palette, you can
see, that it is already full and most of the colors are needed for the
feather. I guess the png was first created and then the gif from the png
and there was not good way for a better palette.

I'm not Daniel though ;)

Regards,

Rainer