httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: mod_ssl NPN API rejig (was Re: Intent to revert commit r1332643)
Date Wed, 29 May 2013 15:14:04 GMT
Hi Matthew - thanks for taking a look at the patch so quickly.

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 10:52:10AM -0400, Matthew Steele wrote:
> Two questions about this change:
>
> - In modssl_register_npn, it appears that the code creates
> new npn_advertfns and npn_negofns arrays on every call, even if they
> already exist.  This would seem to prevent multiple modules from
> registering callbacks.  Presumably this is not intended?  Am I misreading
> the code?

No, just a braino.  Updated patch attached.

> - The old optional hooks were both declared as RUN_ALL, but the new
> implementation seems to stop calling callbacks as soon as one returns OK,
> which is different behavior than before.  Is there a reason for this change?

I was wondering about this.  The API description weakly implies that OK
does something different to DECLINED in both cases, which is not true
for RUN_ALL; so I presumed RUN_FIRST was desired.  Are RUN_ALL semantics
desired?

Regards, Joe