httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: profiling an apache httpd -X process
Date Tue, 28 May 2013 15:02:22 GMT
On Tue, 28 May 2013 09:13:46 +0530
kalyan sita <kalyansita22@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I am able to debug the httpd -X process using eclipse gdb debugger
> But I am not able to profile the same.
> I am able to profile only a command line application .
> Can anyone pl help me out in profile the application with httpd -X
> process.

You probably wouldn't want to; if you are profiling for performance
and real-world computation, -X will lie to you.

You would simply need to enforce follow-forks in the profiler so that
all of the child processes are also metered.  Doing this as part of
some 'build' probably won't tell you what you need to know, you really
want profiling of typical operations.