httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Whither Windows (Was: Re: Intent to revert commit r1332643)
Date Fri, 24 May 2013 20:16:42 GMT
On Fri, 24 May 2013 12:43:23 -0700
Ben Reser <ben@reser.org> wrote:

> On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 8:23 AM, William A. Rowe Jr.
> <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>
> > Also wondering where the OS/X download lives?  It will build on any
> > OS/X box with a deployed toolchain, but I imagine many OS/X users
> > don't install that toolchain and live with the Apple provided
> > flavors, and would guess that 2.4.x is not part of that Apple OS
> > distributions so far.
>
> I've never bothered to try to download a httpd binary build, it's easy
> enough to build that I don't feel the need.
>
> 10.7 still had httpd 2.2, not sure what 2.4 has.

As far as we are aware, no commercial distributions and so far,
no released free stable distributions incorporate 2.4.  A couple
have started integrating it, but the single biggest obstacle that
is reported by the packagers community is that mod_perl had not yet
supported 2.4 and that is an important package dependency to them.