httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Regarding apache server debugging source code
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 17:03:13 GMT
On Tue, 14 May 2013 15:55:55 +0530
kalyan sita <kalyansita22@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi William,
>  Your reply helped me . I launched httpd -X and used gdb <processID of
> httpd -X> and the debugger went into child_main function of prefork.c
> and it is remaining in while loop in the same function. What I would
> want is to see what module is getting invoked when a php script is
> run? What module is invoked when perl script is run ? I want to debug
> other core modules of apache like http_protocol.c , http_request.c ,
> http_main.c.

That isn't a dev@ list question at all; it would entirely depend how
you have configured your server (mod_cgi? cgid? fcgid? mod_perl?) and
the users@ list would be a better place to help you understand how you
have configured your server.

> What is the best way of debugging the above modules?

Determine which module you are running, or you can set a breakpoint
in the ap_process_request_internal() and ap_process_request() code
to discover which handler accepts the request.