httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jones <...@inpher.com>
Subject disable pid file writing?
Date Mon, 06 May 2013 22:42:27 GMT
We use process supervision and don't have a use for pid files.  We
are running multiple httpd instances, and have the config management
to create a writable configured place for each instance to put its
pid file.

This config management has some ongoing cost to maintain, and we would
find it nicer if we could just disable pid files in our apache httpd
configurations.

Before going further, I just wanted to get a feel for what others think
of the idea of geing able to disable pid files.  If added, should it be
done with a special value given to the PidFile directive (such as the
empty string), or should a new directive be introduced such as
DisablePidFile?

  best wishes, Tom.