httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Plüm, Rüdiger, Vodafone Group <ruediger.pl...@vodafone.com>
Subject RE: 2.4.4 graceful restart taking long time
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2013 12:05:21 GMT

From the strace it looks like the connect takes a lot of time later on (the poll is waiting
1 second for
the connect to complete). As the accept call on httpd side only returns when the first data
is send on the socket,
IMHO the time the poll takes does take place in the kernel and not in the httpd children code.
Have you checked your messages file if the kernel reports something when this happens?
How does your run queue and CPU load look like when this happens (top)?

Regards

Rüdiger