httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Gruno <rum...@cord.dk>
Subject Default value of LuaScope in trunk mod_lua
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2013 14:24:02 GMT
Hi dev@ people,

I'm thinking of changing the default value of LuaScope in trunk to
'thread', as the current default, 'once', has a significant performance
impact (as I explained at ApacheCon). As Lua's garbage collector is
quite awesome (it's virtually impossible to leak memory unless you
deliberately do so), I don't see a reason why we should stick with
'once' on threaded platforms, especially considering the overhead of
reloading libraries into the VMs if they are created and thrown away
after each request. I would also like for this to get backported to 2.4
at some point, which is why I'm throwing you this email as a heads up.

Thoughts? ideas? heckling?

With regards,
Daniel.