httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1466669 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x/STATUS
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2013 17:43:41 GMT
Hi Bill,
> On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 01:55:57 +0200
> Guenter Knauf <fuankg@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> I've now tested on Windows, and I can see all previously mentioned
>> issues there too; in addition the attached script which works fine on
>> NetWare crashes the Windows httpd ...
>
> Backtrace, please?
I did test with a build from Gregg;
I'm in process of rebuilding my dev box, and its not yet ready to do so ...

> A strange idea, but did you happen to build lua libs with the
> identical Visual Studio version and mode as httpd (both debug,
> or both release builds?)
I'm sure he did.

> If you are mixing two different msvcrt flavors (debug/release,
> or studio10/studio12) and the lua lib is performing any sort of
> alloc/free of the resources allocated by httpd, this would be
> a typical symptom.
I know; but I dont know if Gregg did a release or debug build;
I've heard a couple of times in the past that folks were not able to
re-create crash with debug builds but which happen with release builds;
that could f.e. explain why Daniel doesnt see the issue with his debug
build.

Gün.