httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Daniel Gruno <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1466669 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x/STATUS
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2013 10:05:04 GMT
On 04/10/2013 11:21 PM, Guenter Knauf wrote:
> On 10.04.2013 23:01, wrote:
>> Author: fuankg
>> Date: Wed Apr 10 21:01:51 2013
>> New Revision: 1466669
>> URL:
>> Log:
>> Put this backport for now on hold to get some more
>> time for testing ...
> ok, sorry for this - I'm all for the backport, but since I found few
> issues I would like to get some more testing done, and if these issues
> remain then we should solve them before the backport is done, or
> otherwise we end up again with a couple of backport fixes ...
> some things though I can already now mention ...
> based on the current docu:
> I tried some testing, and - being a Lua newbie I might get things wrong,
> but here's what I found so far:
> - banner(), port() and started() are functions (or methods), and listed
> as such below 'Built in functions'; but they are also listed as members
> of request_rec (see the big table); in addition started() gives
> certainly not seconds back but microseconds
> - add_version_component() doest work for me (on NetWare) but gives:
> Error: attempt to call method 'add_version_component' (a nil value)
> - the sample docu for r:stat() is wrong: info.modified -> info.mtime
> - I get strange time values back from r:stat() on NetWare
> - r:expr(string) sample uses %{HTTP_HOST}, but that doesnt work for me
> and while on env vars: any way to list all usual CGI env vars?
> ok, half of them can be obtained from the request_rec, but what about
> others which are inherited from the OS? Does os.getenv() work here?
> just wanted to mention what I found so far so that others can  test
> exactly these things, and either confirm or tell a 'works for me' ...
> ok, onward with some more testing .....
> Gün.
Thanks for looking into this. I will fix up the documentation so it's
accurate, and look into fixing the other things.

As for the env variables, I had at one point thought about making a
binding for that, but possibly the already existing env table and
os.getenv will be enough - I'll investigate that.

Thanks for fixing the stat function

add_version_component does indeed seem to be missing - unsure whether we
really need it or not, so I'll just comment it out in the docs for now.

And yes, if we find some bugs, we should defo fix them before
backporting it all ;)

With regards,

View raw message