httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1458284 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/filters/mod_reqtimeout.c
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2013 18:05:40 GMT

On Mar 19, 2013, at 1:50 PM, Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:

> On 19 Mar 2013, at 7:44 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>
>> Agreed... The conn_rec includes a bunch of HTTP related fields
>> which could serve as such, but the main issue, I think, is
>> that websockets starts off as HTTP and then changes, so the
>> initial conn_rec info is HTTP, it's just that after the
>> Upgrade, it isn't. So at that point, it's hard to change.
>>
>> The other way to handle this, I *think*, and keep mod_reqtimeout.c
>> virgin, is, in the websocket module, use ap_get_input_filter_handle()
>> to get "reqtimeout" and then remove it directly in the websocket module.
>>
>> It's not automagical, but it prevents monkeying w/ mod_reqtimeout.
>
> Could we add a note perhaps that indicated the protocol that is currently in use for
the connection?  Typically it would be "HTTP/1.1", but after an Upgrade it would be whatever
it is being upgraded to (perhaps "CONNECTION", or "STARTTLS", or "WEBSOCKET"?).

Makes sense... I also think we need to look at
the idea of a sub-connections (similar to sub-requests)
(as was suggested at the mod_spdy preso @ ACNA13).