httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Configuring proxy_wstunnel_module on trunk
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 11:29:38 GMT
    ProxyPass /whatever ws://websocket-srvr.example/com/

Basically, the new submodule adds the 'ws' and 'wss' scheme
to the allowed protocols between the client and the backend, so
you tell Apache that you'll be talking 'ws' with the
backend (same as ajp://whatever sez that httpd will be
talking ajp to the backend).

On Mar 17, 2013, at 9:52 AM, Jamie Johnson <jej2003@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am able to duplicate your issue, not 100% sure what's happening there or if that configuration
is supposed to be supported or not.  The following works fine though

> <Location /dynamic>
>     ProxyPass http://10.0.1.11:8080/WebSockets
>     ProxyPassReverse http://10.0.1.11:8080/WebSockets
> </Location>
> <Location /dynamic/ws>
>     ProxyPass ws://10.0.1.11:8080/WebSockets/ws
>     ProxyPassReverse ws://10.0.1.11:8080/WebSockets/ws
> </Location>
>
> would be good to hear exactly how this is expected to be configured, perhaps we're landing
in the wrong portion of the code when they are in the same location?

> On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 9:43 AM, Jamie Johnson <jej2003@gmail.com> wrote:
> So your setup is a little different than mine, I have the following and even with images
it works

> ProxyPass /ws ws://10.0.1.11:8080/WebSockets/ws
>
> ProxyPassReverse /ws ws://10.0.1.11:8080/WebSockets/ws
>

> ProxyPass /test http://10.0.1.11:8080/WebSockets
>
> ProxyPassReverse /test http://10.0.1.11:8080/WebSockets
>
> I will try with a similar setup to yours now and see where I get.
>

> On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 9:19 AM, Jamie Johnson <jej2003@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmmm...  I am only serving one html file in my test...I will add some more and see if
I notice the same

> On Mar 17, 2013 8:57 AM, "Nathan Quinlan" <nathan.quinlan@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't have any rewrite rules.
> <Location /dynamic>
> 	#ProxyPass ajp://localhost:8009/dynamic
> 	ProxyPass http://localhost:8080/dynamic
> 	ProxyPass ws://localhost:8080/dynamic
>
> And
> Alias "/static" "/opt/sitestatic"
> <Directory "/opt/sitestatic">
>
> Now, with the ProxyPassReverse present about 50% of the files transfered get that 404
-as- served by Tomcat (based on Apache-Coyote/1.1 header). Despite the URL being something
like  /static/hello.jpg.

> On 2013-03-17, at 6:33 AM, Jamie Johnson wrote:
>
>> Also I have a different rewrite rule for http and ws...not sure that is required
though

>> On Mar 17, 2013 6:31 AM, "Jamie Johnson" <jej2003@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Definitely interesting.  I had gotten this working but I was only serving sine html
through tomcat and I made the endpoints different while testing even though they were coming
from the same application in tomcat...mine are birth being proxied as well no rewrite involved

>> On Mar 17, 2013 12:35 AM, "Nathan Quinlan" <nathan.quinlan@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I do not know why but for some reason ProxyPassReverse doesn't play nice with Tomcat
and I had to include an extra line for the ws: protocol.

>> Additionally with the ProxyPassReverse present I would see crazy response 404 headers
when loading say 30 small images on screen like:
>> Content-Length	1003
>> Content-Type	text/html;charset=utf-8
>> Date	Sun, 17 Mar 2013 04:09:28 GMT
>> Server	Apache-Coyote/1.1
>>
>> The interesting thing was that in this case the image being loaded had  a totally
different URL (/a proxy to Tomcat,  /b static content) and was handled outside of Tomcat via
a rewrite rule and a <Location>  but when the ProxyPassReverse was removed images were
fine.
>> Images that were not 404 show up in the access_log of httpd  but the 404 files with
the crazy header do not.

>> On 2013-03-16, at 12:37 PM, Jamie Johnson wrote:
>>
>>> I just took a quick stab and it was pretty straight forward, I just added lines
like this and it appeared to work properly

>>> ProxyPass /ws http://hostname:port/ws/websocket
>>> ProxyPassReverse /ws http://hostname:port/ws/websocket
>>>
>>> again, this appeared to work properly I am next going to be giving SSL a try
to see if things work properly with that.  If what I did above is not right any info would
be appreciated.  Also should I expect the SSL support to work?

>>> On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 12:21 PM, Jamie Johnson <jej2003@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I've just built the latest code on trunk to test proxy_wstunnel, but haven't
seen any documentation on how to configure it.  Is this available anywhere?