httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <>
Subject Re: Apache mod_proxy DNS management
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 09:53:24 GMT
On 11 Mar 2013, at 11:39 AM, <> wrote:

> I’ve got a server configured in ReverseProxy Mode, that forward requests towards several
backends named with their proper names.
> It appears that the DNS Lookup is done for each requests, generating a very load traffic
on my DNS servers…
> Is there a way to configure apache so that we can parameter Caching the DNS resolution
for specific time ?
> Thanks in advance for your help.

Having a local caching DNS server is usually how this is solved, DNS comes with built in caching
capability, so proxy doesn't try and duplicate that.

Alternatively, you could put the affected hosts into /etc/hosts, depending on how practical
this is in your environment.

View raw message