httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nathan Quinlan <nathan.quin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuring proxy_wstunnel_module on trunk
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 12:50:59 GMT
Comforting to know I'm not the only one but I will try your location settings.
The issue is that I have to use the <Location> tags because I  want to have HTTP Digest
authentication present thus protecting the static files as well as Tomcat.
However I have found that under ws_tunnel the connections do not last as long as they should
vs simply going to Tomcat directly.

I will try the suggested Location settings.

On 2013-03-17, at 9:52 AM, Jamie Johnson wrote:

> I am able to duplicate your issue, not 100% sure what's happening there or if that configuration
is supposed to be supported or not.  The following works fine though

> <Location /dynamic>
>     ProxyPass http://10.0.1.11:8080/WebSockets
>     ProxyPassReverse http://10.0.1.11:8080/WebSockets
> </Location>
> <Location /dynamic/ws>
>     ProxyPass ws://10.0.1.11:8080/WebSockets/ws
>     ProxyPassReverse ws://10.0.1.11:8080/WebSockets/ws
> </Location>
>
> would be good to hear exactly how this is expected to be configured, perhaps we're landing
in the wrong portion of the code when they are in the same location?

> On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 9:43 AM, Jamie Johnson <jej2003@gmail.com> wrote:
> So your setup is a little different than mine, I have the following and even with images
it works

> ProxyPass /ws ws://10.0.1.11:8080/WebSockets/ws
>
> ProxyPassReverse /ws ws://10.0.1.11:8080/WebSockets/ws
>

> ProxyPass /test http://10.0.1.11:8080/WebSockets
>
> ProxyPassReverse /test http://10.0.1.11:8080/WebSockets
>
> I will try with a similar setup to yours now and see where I get.
>

> On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 9:19 AM, Jamie Johnson <jej2003@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmmm...  I am only serving one html file in my test...I will add some more and see if
I notice the same

> On Mar 17, 2013 8:57 AM, "Nathan Quinlan" <nathan.quinlan@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't have any rewrite rules.
> <Location /dynamic>
> 	#ProxyPass ajp://localhost:8009/dynamic
> 	ProxyPass http://localhost:8080/dynamic
> 	ProxyPass ws://localhost:8080/dynamic
>
> And
> Alias "/static" "/opt/sitestatic"
> <Directory "/opt/sitestatic">
>
> Now, with the ProxyPassReverse present about 50% of the files transfered get that 404
-as- served by Tomcat (based on Apache-Coyote/1.1 header). Despite the URL being something
like  /static/hello.jpg.

> On 2013-03-17, at 6:33 AM, Jamie Johnson wrote:
>
>> Also I have a different rewrite rule for http and ws...not sure that is required
though

>> On Mar 17, 2013 6:31 AM, "Jamie Johnson" <jej2003@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Definitely interesting.  I had gotten this working but I was only serving sine html
through tomcat and I made the endpoints different while testing even though they were coming
from the same application in tomcat...mine are birth being proxied as well no rewrite involved

>> On Mar 17, 2013 12:35 AM, "Nathan Quinlan" <nathan.quinlan@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I do not know why but for some reason ProxyPassReverse doesn't play nice with Tomcat
and I had to include an extra line for the ws: protocol.

>> Additionally with the ProxyPassReverse present I would see crazy response 404 headers
when loading say 30 small images on screen like:
>> Content-Length	1003
>> Content-Type	text/html;charset=utf-8
>> Date	Sun, 17 Mar 2013 04:09:28 GMT
>> Server	Apache-Coyote/1.1
>>
>> The interesting thing was that in this case the image being loaded had  a totally
different URL (/a proxy to Tomcat,  /b static content) and was handled outside of Tomcat via
a rewrite rule and a <Location>  but when the ProxyPassReverse was removed images were
fine.
>> Images that were not 404 show up in the access_log of httpd  but the 404 files with
the crazy header do not.

>> On 2013-03-16, at 12:37 PM, Jamie Johnson wrote:
>>
>>> I just took a quick stab and it was pretty straight forward, I just added lines
like this and it appeared to work properly

>>> ProxyPass /ws http://hostname:port/ws/websocket
>>> ProxyPassReverse /ws http://hostname:port/ws/websocket
>>>
>>> again, this appeared to work properly I am next going to be giving SSL a try
to see if things work properly with that.  If what I did above is not right any info would
be appreciated.  Also should I expect the SSL support to work?

>>> On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 12:21 PM, Jamie Johnson <jej2003@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I've just built the latest code on trunk to test proxy_wstunnel, but haven't
seen any documentation on how to configure it.  Is this available anywhere?