httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Christophe JAILLET <christophe.jail...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Re: Clang Checkers
Date Sat, 30 Mar 2013 20:42:54 GMT
Hi,

here is an old response that got lost in my mail client... As we say in
France, better late than never...

report for dead assignment in modules/proxy/mod_proxy_ftp.c is interesting.

IMO, either there is a real bug there or the code need to be cleaned up
because some part of it can never trigger.

In the huge function' proxy_send_dir_filter', there is a 'if' block
between line 678 and line 727.
In this block 2 variables, searchidx and firstfile, are declared and used.

However, being variable local to the if block, they are initialized
*every* time we reach line 681.
So :

     - firstfile:
         - line 681: initialized to 1
         - line 704: test is always true, first block is always executed

     - searchidx:
         - useless because of the above.

I'm not sure of what the logic should be, but there seems be be
something broken here.

BTW, if you could re-run clang and post the result, it could be interesting.

CJ