httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Smith <...@gknw.net>
Subject Re: Proposed Lua backport for 2.4
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 19:39:02 GMT
On 3/13/2013 4:44 AM, Daniel Gruno wrote:
> On 03/13/2013 02:50 AM, Gregg Smith wrote:
>> Hi Daniel,
>>
>> I'm seeing segfaults on that dreadful Windows OS when using
>> LuaMapHandler&  LuaRoot together.
>>
> The backtrace was actually quite helpful :) It would appear that the bug
> (perhaps) pre-dates my work on mod_lua (or it could be something I've
> missed completely, who knows).
>
> I can see that vm_construct is creating, or attempting to create, a lua
> VM which returns a null pointer meaning that part failed, but it doesn't
> check whether the VM is null, making munge_path segfault. At the same
> time, the lifecycle_pool being passed is also NULL, which makes even
> less sense to me, since you can see in the backtrace that it wasn't null
> when it got passed to ap_lua_get_lua_state.
>
> Can you tell me which exact lua directives you used for this? which
> LuaScope, LuaCodeCache and so on?
<IfModule lua_module>
   AddHandler lua-script .lua
   LuaMapHandler /testlua /usr/etc/lua/example.lua
   LuaRoot /usr/etc/lua
<Directory /usr/etc/lua>
     Options All
     AllowOverride None
     Require all granted
</Directory>
</IfModule>

So since not specifically configured, the defaults of once and stat
respectively.

Regards,
Gregg