httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: mod_proxy_websocket/tunnel
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 19:53:34 GMT
On 08.03.2013 13:40, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> From my somewhat limited testing, so far things look good...
> Who can provide some more rigorous tests?

I never used them myself, but http://autobahn.ws/ provides a broadly
used test suite. Mark T. uses it for his development of Websockets for
Tomcat.

Autobahn also provides a websocket server you could maybe use as a back
end, but you could also try Tomcat 7. Since 7.0.27 it comes with a
websocket implementation that passes the Autobahn test suite. Currently
there are three WS example apps bundled, echo, chat and snake. A short
intro is available under

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/web-socket-howto.html

Mark T. is now working on a websocket impl for TC trunk which conforms
to the upcoming WS programming API standard in Java, but that's work in
progress.

HTH

Rainer