httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Gruno <rum...@cord.dk>
Subject Proposed Lua backport for 2.4
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 16:32:12 GMT
Hi folks,
I've just proposed a rather large backport of all the Lua stuff we have
in trunk, I hope you'll take a look at it.

Basically, this is a sync between trunk and 2.4, which will bring the
LuaCodeCache, the LuaScope server [min [max], Lua input/output filters,
LuaMapHandler as well as the bazillion new functions (such as regex
support, stat(), scoreboard features, base64/md5/sha1 digests etc) and
multipart form data reading into the 2.4 branch. I feel this will be a
great addition to the folks already using mod_lua, so they can truly
benefit from what Lua has to offer people developing stuff for httpd,
whether it be hooks or web scripts.

I've tested the trunk version of mod_lua on all of my servers for a good
deal of time now, and I haven't run across any problems with trunk as it
is today, so I'd like for us to backport these features (stefan and I
did quite a bit of cleanup on the whole mess back in December),
preferably in one big bit, as the various feautures are so intertwinced,
it makes little sense to try to backport each chunk separately.

FYI, this version of mod_lua also runs on modules.apache.org and
paste.apache.org, so far without any signs of trouble ;)

With regards,
Daniel.