httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nathan Quinlan <nathan.quin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuring proxy_wstunnel_module on trunk
Date Sun, 17 Mar 2013 12:56:53 GMT
I don't have any rewrite rules.
<Location /dynamic>
	#ProxyPass ajp://localhost:8009/dynamic
	ProxyPass http://localhost:8080/dynamic
	ProxyPass ws://localhost:8080/dynamic

And
Alias "/static" "/opt/sitestatic"
<Directory "/opt/sitestatic">

Now, with the ProxyPassReverse present about 50% of the files transfered get that 404 -as-
served by Tomcat (based on Apache-Coyote/1.1 header). Despite the URL being something like
 /static/hello.jpg.

On 2013-03-17, at 6:33 AM, Jamie Johnson wrote:

> Also I have a different rewrite rule for http and ws...not sure that is required though
>
> On Mar 17, 2013 6:31 AM, "Jamie Johnson" <jej2003@gmail.com> wrote:
> Definitely interesting.  I had gotten this working but I was only serving sine html through
tomcat and I made the endpoints different while testing even though they were coming from
the same application in tomcat...mine are birth being proxied as well no rewrite involved

> On Mar 17, 2013 12:35 AM, "Nathan Quinlan" <nathan.quinlan@gmail.com> wrote:
> I do not know why but for some reason ProxyPassReverse doesn't play nice with Tomcat
and I had to include an extra line for the ws: protocol.

> Additionally with the ProxyPassReverse present I would see crazy response 404 headers
when loading say 30 small images on screen like:
> Content-Length	1003
> Content-Type	text/html;charset=utf-8
> Date	Sun, 17 Mar 2013 04:09:28 GMT
> Server	Apache-Coyote/1.1
>
> The interesting thing was that in this case the image being loaded had  a totally different
URL (/a proxy to Tomcat,  /b static content) and was handled outside of Tomcat via a rewrite
rule and a <Location>  but when the ProxyPassReverse was removed images were fine.

> Images that were not 404 show up in the access_log of httpd  but the 404 files with the
crazy header do not.

> On 2013-03-16, at 12:37 PM, Jamie Johnson wrote:
>
>> I just took a quick stab and it was pretty straight forward, I just added lines like
this and it appeared to work properly

>> ProxyPass /ws http://hostname:port/ws/websocket
>> ProxyPassReverse /ws http://hostname:port/ws/websocket
>>
>> again, this appeared to work properly I am next going to be giving SSL a try to see
if things work properly with that.  If what I did above is not right any info would be appreciated.
 Also should I expect the SSL support to work?

>> On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 12:21 PM, Jamie Johnson <jej2003@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've just built the latest code on trunk to test proxy_wstunnel, but haven't seen
any documentation on how to configure it.  Is this available anywhere?